This research project has been funded by Immigration Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
IRCC and its partners will build a stronger Canada by developing and implementing policies, programs and services that:
- facilitate the arrival of people and their integration into Canada in a way that maximizes their contribution to the country while protecting the health, safety and security of Canadians;
- maintain Canada’s humanitarian tradition by protecting refugees and people in need of protection;
- enhance the values and promote the rights and responsibilities of Canadian citizenship; and
- reach out to all Canadians and foster increased intercultural understanding and an integrated society with equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, ethnicity and religion.
- Advancing global migration policies in a way that supports Canada’s immigration and humanitarian objectives.